Things you'll need:
Root access or sudo
Linux -- I worked on a freshly installed Ubuntu 11.04
Install the required libraries
Open a terminal window and do the following commands to install the required libraries if your system doesn't already have them.
- sudo apt-get install cmake
- sudo apt-get install mercurial
- sudo apt-get install libx11-dev
- sudo apt-get install mesa-common-dev libglu1-mesa-dev
- sudo apt-get install bison flex libxrender-dev
Install LL's version of autobuild
Again, in a terminal window type:
- mkdir ~/tmp
- cd ~/tmp
- hg clone http://hg.secondlife.com/autobuild
- cd autobuild
- sudo ./setup.py install
Sometimes autobuild doesn't install the first time, so check to be sure you have it in /usr/local/bin with this command:
- which autobuild
Get the Restrained Love Viewer Source
We need to both get the code, then possibly downgrade to 2.7.1.
- hg clone http://bitbucket.org/marinekelley/rlv rlv-2.7.1
- hg revert --verbose --all --rev=16161
Not needed, don't use it! Yay!
Apply my patches for Mac & Linux
Unfortunately, Marine's dev env and mine differ somewhat and when she added my changes into her environment, it broke her build. So, I have to keep my patches separate. Just apply my patch to your copy of the rlv source and you'll be fine. My patch for RLV 2.7.1 is here.
- bunzip2 kittin-rlv-2.7.1.patch.bz2
- cd rlv-2.7.1
- patch --strip=1 -i ../kittin-rlv-2.7.1.patch
Start the build
I made this script rebuild.sh because I get tired of re-entering all the commands. This script is good for both Linux and Mac.
- cp rebuild.sh rlv-2.7.1/
- cd rlv-2.7.1
- bash rebuild.sh